Gifts That Pay You Income
You can continue your support of the Civil War Trust to preserve our nation’s hallowed battlegrounds and receive income for life. A life income gift such as a charitable remainder trust enables you to preserve or improve your financial security and also make a gift to the Civil War Trust.
Benefits of a life income gift such as a charitable remainder trust include:
- Highly flexible and can be customized to your needs and goals
- Generates income while making an important gift to the Civil War Trust
- Increases income from the assets you donate
- Qualifies for an immediate income tax deduction
- Reduces possible estate taxation
There are two ways to receive payments with charitable remainder trusts:
- Charitable lead annuity trust generates income that is determined at the outset and never varies.
- Charitable lead unitrust pays out a percentage of trust assets, resulting in income payments that rise or fall depending on the annual value of assets.
With each of these gifts, you can create a lifetime source of income for yourself or someone else, claim a current income tax deduction, possibly save on capital gains taxes, and support our mission or preserve our nation’s hallowed battlefields.
Contact Alice Mullis at 202-367-1861 x7219 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about different giving options.